John Southworth and One Manchester worked collaboratively on another exciting scheme, delivering twenty one, 2 and 3 bedroomed houses in Beswick, Manchester for shared ownership and
social rent. Transforming unused and unattractive green public space into a thriving community.
Located just two miles from the city centre of Manchester, the development provides easy access to the motorway network and public transport. Local Schools, parks, leisure and entertainment facilities make Mayton Street the perfect family home.
This unique development consists of highly efficient homes. John Southworth’s expertise ensured the optimum balance of cost, efficiency and design to deliver these homes affordable whilst meeting the Future Homes Standard 2025 and following the Passivhaus principles.
Committed to adding social value
John Southworth don’t just build homes; they are committed to building and contributing to communities. The Mayton Street Development delivered a 9% total social return on investment.
- 98% of materials purchased locally
- 46% of subcontractors appointed locally
- 66% of local labour
- Improved green space to be enjoyed
- Supported work placements
- Employed and supported Apprentices
- Full refurbishment and repair of a local play park
- Supported St Barnabas Primary School with the donation of prizes for their Summer Fair
- Promoted construction as a career choice at a local career fair