John Southworth and First Choice Homes, Oldham, worked collaboratively on this apartment scheme, delivering nine, 1 bedroomed apartments in Chadderton, Oldham for social rent.
Located just over one mile from Oldham town centre with its shops, cafes, and entertainment facilities, along with excellent public transport and motorway networks, the apartments on Brierley Street are in the centre of it all! For those who enjoy their outdoor pursuits, there are plenty of beautiful Pennine trails close by for hiking, cycling and running.
This development came with its own challenges. The former site of a large derelict house, we managed to not only carry out the demolition, but build an apartment block in a closely built up area. Due to lack of space on site, precision, accuracy and timing of all deliveries (which arrived staggered) and all other activities was crucial and much of it involved full co-operation with the neighbours.
This is another development, we’re proud to say, meets the Future Homes Standard 2025. Furthermore, it scored highly on Considerate Constructors scheme on more than one occasion.
Committed to adding social value
We are committed to building and contributing to communities and delivering a social return on investment.
- 86% of materials purchased locally
- 65% of subcontractors appointed locally
- 76% of local labour
- Employed and supported Apprentices.
- Provided skips for our client, First Choice Homes, during their renovation of a Health & Wellbeing Centre in the neighbouring town of Failsworth. The Project Manager attended site during renovation, interacting with the community.
- Supported a Christmas appeal for our client First Choice Homes with the donation of children’s toys.
- Exceeded targets for Community Newsletters.
- Set up a “Meet the Contractors” Community Noticeboard for neighbours to familiarise with the team and keep up to date with site developments.