John Southworth and One Manchester worked collaboratively on this new and exciting scheme, delivering twenty two Panelised modular built houses in Beswick, Manchester for social rent. Two of the properties were the first of their kind in the country to be true net zero carbon.
Located just two miles from the city centre of Manchester, the development provides easy access to the motorway network and public transport. Local schools, parks, leisure and entertainment facilities make Blackrock Street the perfect family home.
Following Passivhaus principles, this development consists of highly efficient homes, meeting the Future Homes Standard 2025. Fully electric-powered with air source heat pumps, MVHR, triple glazing, thermal bridge free construction and 0.6 air changes per hour made this development truly unique for its time.
Finalist at Inside Housing Development Awards 2022.
Committed to adding social value
We are committed to building and contributing to communities and delivering a social return on investment.
- 78% of materials purchased locally
- 64% of subcontractors appointed locally
- 63% of local labour
- Improved green space to be enjoyed
- Developed and supported apprentices in key trades including plumbing and plastering
- Encouraged resident participation with the distribution of introductory and quarterly newsletters
- Reinstated a local community memorial garden, bringing it back to life