John Southworth and First Choice Homes worked collaboratively on this scheme to deliver two blocks of one bed apartments across two sites, with onsite parking. The Albert Street development contained six apartments, two of which contained ground floor, semi-adapted apartments for disabled tenants and Woodall Street, four apartments.
Located under five miles of City Centre Manchester, the development provided easy access to the motorway network and public transport. Also located nearby was Daisy Nook Country Park, a local beauty spot and the perfect place to relax and unwind. In addition, the local schools, leisure and entertainment facilities made both Albert Street West and Woodall Street a great place to live.
Trialling green technology as part of an EU funded project named RED WoLF, the build was part of a pilot scheme, constructed with an innovative approach to energy which included the installation of PV solar panels and battery storage to power and heat the home, addressing housing emissions to reach EU Goals of carbon reduction.
Committed to adding social value
We are committed to building and contributing to communities and delivering a social return on investment.
- Achieved Performance Beyond Compliance accreditation on Considerate Constructors scheme
- Sponsored Curzon Ashton Girls, a local football team, providing support
- Sponsored Avro Football Club and provided training wear for their current season
- Set up training facility, offering site and workshop-based classes where young people could experience and trial various trades, along with help in applying for apprenticeships through CITB.
- 81% of materials sourced locally
- 64% of Subcontractors appointed locally
- 43% of local labour employed on scheme